Wednesday, March 12, 2008

March Forth Wrap-up

Well, the conference is over and I am back to the real world. The conference was wonderful and I met some great people. Lindsey Almond and her team did a great job.

I was very inspired by the folks who spoke in the sharing session we had Saturday morning. Many great ideas were shared but one really stuck with me. I'm sorry I don't remember who told the story. Their children/youth go out into the community to do good deeds and help others. When they do, they wear t-shirts that say "The Church has left the building." What a wonderful way of describing mission work.

Back home on Sunday morning we had our regular UMM meeting. I shared some of the stories from the weekend and told them how proud I was of the UMC and its members.

In Sunday School we talked about Operation Inasmuch which is a program our Church, Pilmoor Memorial UMC, is participating in this year.
Operation Inasmuch mobilizes believers in a hands-on local church missions blitz in their community. It offers a proven model of local ministry for any size congregation in any location. This program is another example "the Church has left the building."

No comments: