Sunday, March 16, 2008

GodTube and YouthGlue

In a recent training session we discussed using YouTube.com to post church video for people to view. Someone expressed a concern because there are some videos on YouTube that might not be appropriate.
An alternative site is GodTube.com. This is a free site. It allows you to upload video and share that with anyone online. I setup an account on GodTube recently. It was simple to do. I posted a video clip that I recorded at the March Forth for Children conference. The video is not great but that is my fault. I was using a new camera and was pushing it to its limits. GodTube proved to be a good site to share this. Click here to see the video.

In the same training session I mentioned above, we talked about using MySpace.com to communicate members of a youth group. Again, because there are things on MySpace that are inappropriate we discussed alternatives. The youth group at my home church, Pilmoor Memorial UMC, uses YouthGlue.com. This is a Christian social networking site. The youth leader has moderation rights on all pages. It has been a success at our church and judging by the testimonials, it has been a success for others as well.

No comments: