Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 1 of March Forth for Children 2008

Day one of the conference has come to a close. My two sessions today were a lot of fun. I had active participants in each group which prompted great discussion. In the first session on Ministry and CyberSpace Landscape I had a Preacher who plays "Call of Duty" and a Youth/Children leader who plays World of Warcraft. Yippee! I also had a participant who maintains a daily devotional on her MySpace page.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I will have the opportunity to speak to the entire group for about 20 minutes.

I got two homework assignments from the groups today and I promised to post the responses back to the blog soon.
1. Provide a review of GodTube.com
2. Report back on the Christian social networking site our youth group uses as a MySpace substitute.

Check out the two pictures I took at the evening session. (They are linked on the right side of the page.) This was my first experience with my new toy, the Vivitar DVR560G camera and camcorder.

Time to close out for now. It has been a long time since 3:00 a.m. this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just sharing this inspirational message:

http://www.goalguru.com/marchforth/

Trinity United Methodist Church said...

Hey there!! I just wanted you to know that I added your page to my favorites and will be checking out your blog!! I enjoyed your seminar a lot.

If you ever visit my myspace page, sign my guestbook!!

GOD bless you for the work you do and have a wonderful and blessed day!!

Yvonne Wheeler