Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Youth and Video Games

The Pew Internet & American Life Project is a great source for reliable information about Internet use in America. One of their latest reports is Teens, Video Games and Civics.
This reports shows virtually ALL of American teenagers play video games and at least half of them play games on any given day. I'll confess, I'm not a big gamer. I like Solitaire, the original Mario games, and Brain Age on the Nintendo DS. I tried World of Warcraft but I don't think it is something I'll spend much time with.
This new report shows that for most teens, playing games is a social event. They play with others. This report dispels the myths of gamers being socially isolated and games having no redeeming value. I encourage you to take a look.

No comments: