Sunday, August 24, 2008

Men's Retreat

This weekend I had the honor of speaking at a Men's Retreat. The retreat was organized by Jerry Barnett and "his best friend" Kenny Nelson. The retreat took place at Camp Cale just outside of Hertford NC. The location was beautiful, the accommodations great, and the staff friendly.

One of the reasons I agreed to speak at this retreat was because it was an inter-denominational gathering of men. It seems to me the Church is far too fractured today. I think if Jesus returned today he would look at all the different denominations and ask, "What have you done with my body?"

I went expecting to give a short devotion and to enjoy a little time away from work. I got so much more than that! It was a time of renewal, refocusing, and re-dedication to God's work in the world.

Thanks Jerry and Kenny.

No comments: