Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cyberministry - In 30 minutes or less?

This week I will be finishing up a series of presentations for my local church, Pilmoor Memorial United Methodist Church in Currituck, NC.

The first presentation was entitled "The CyberSpace Landscape."
I tried to give folks a very quick look at the new media and new technologies that are available online. That is tough to do in 30 minutes.

The second presentation was "CyberSafety."
We talked about identity theft, computer security, and online safety. Again, an ambitious topic for 30-40 minutes.

I'm now putting the final touches on the third segment, "Cyberministry." I'm hoping to help the church begin to ask two questions.
1. How can we harness the new media and new technologies to advance the mission of the Church?
2. How do we educate or members about responsible and safe use of online resources?

Again, I think I have bitten off more than I can chew for another 30 minute session.

No comments: