Saturday, October 6, 2007

CyberSafety in Ministry - Day 3

This post is a little late, because, just as I suspected, there was three days worth of work piled up on my desk when I got back in the office Thursday. I'm sure those of you who attended the conference experienced the same thing.

Day three was a great day with Joy Thornburg Melton, author of Safe Sanctuaries, Karen Douse, Teen Angel sponsor, and Stephen Streett, Youth Minister at Dunwoody UMC.

Joy talked with us about making cybersafety issues a part of our Safe Sanctuaries program. She brought a wealth of experience and knowledge to the discussion.

Karen expanded on the Teen Angel program we learned about on day one. She said she was very proud of the girls that did our presentation.

Stephen encouraged us to get involved in youth culture so we can more effectively communicate with and relate to teens regarding cybersafety issues.

All in all I think it was a great conference. I learned a lot and am very grateful to all the members of the design team for putting it together.

No comments: